подтверждать; утверждать; утвердить; ратифицировать; подкреплять; закреплять; конфирмовать; поддерживать
- However there are a number of important controlling factors: firstly, the subject fixates centrally (usually he has to report a digit which is presented in order to confirm this central fixation); secondly, the stimulus is exposed for less than 200 milliseconds to avoid eye movement; thirdly, the visual angle of the stimuli from the fixation point should be between 2.5 and 5 (otherwise, confounding effects occur).
- This serves only to confirm and reinforce the illness.
- This may confirm Joan's fear of greed and make it more frightening for her to know about her own.
- This necessarily brief account has concentrated on the debate over the retirement condition between 1908 and 1948, and the curious "complicity" of the labour movement in demanding a measure that was to confirm the economic uselessness of old people.
- (A glance at the index of just about any reputable general text-book of modern Russian history will confirm this.)
- Clark then wrote up the experiment, which appeared to confirm his initial brainwave, and submitted it to Nature .
- It made it easier for workers to appreciate the potential power of strike action: statistics confirm that the larger the plant the greater was the propensity to strike.
- Clive liked to hurt people as much as the next person, felt the need to confirm his power over others, but Mr Skinner was a specialist, an expert.
- A two-chamber federal parliament would confirm these appointments.
- You can't always be sure your cycle is regular - so if you test on the day your period's due, you should confirm the result after three days.
- Above all, the association of low Os with low Nd seems to confirm that a trace-element-rich portion of the mantle lithosphere is involved in the formation of these basalts.
- Major Vine, thus unable to confirm or deny the sound which had so alarmed his Colonel, merely offered a bad-tempered scowl as a reply, so Colonel Ford looked past him to seek the opinion of the Captain of his light company.
- CONFIRM IN CODE SIX.